Sunday 27 December 2015

Ashaway 2015 - 4th Day and Final update on Ashaway 2015

Hi all, here is a quick update on the third day of Ashaway Badminton Youth Games.

On the fourth day (Wed),
We had the following players who played.

GDU14 Nisha & Val @1400 (lose)
GDU16 Wendy & Lixuan @1330 (lose)



Final update on Ashaway 2015

I apologise for not being able to see the matches that are being played on the 3rd and 4th day as I had to attend to the new secondary 1 registration. Therefore, my comment will be based on the 1st and 2nd day.

On the 1st day, we made our trip to Pasir Ris sports and recreational centre as a team + Yanliang. About half of the team (Jason, Manying, Sabrina, Yixin, Kevin, Rahul, Xhi Chun, Cidrick, 'Ain & Lea) were scheduled to play on the 1st day. The other half of the team (Puiwoon, Val, Nisha, Dinesh, Wendy, Lixuan, Yanliang, Bryan, Chengxian & Siying) stayed to support even though they were not scheduled for any match.

Most of the matches on the 1st day were loses but like what I mentioned on the previous post. We need to be able to rise above the mentality of only winning and losing to look at the bigger picture. Look back and reflect on the match that you had, be it a win or a lost. Discover both your strengths and weaknesses.

On the 2nd day, I saw Puiwoon, Sabirna, Jason, Val and  Fiona who came to support their teammates even though they were not schedule for any match for the day.

We had a mixture of wins, loses and BYE.

Then on the 3rd and 4th day, we had mostly loses.

By being in a tournament, putting yourself in a competitive environment, in a match, it is inevitable to end up with a winner and a loser. People will definitely ask about your wins and loses after a match and you can't stop people from asking or talking about it. That, you cannot control.

What you can control is that to the best of your abilities, you prepare yourself for your match, give your very best during your match, spend time to really reflect on what you did well and what you did wrong after the match and focus on training that will make yourself a better player. That is the most important thing.

Ashaway 2015 is now over for us.

I hope that at the end of the tournament, all of you to be able to tell yourself that;


"Yes, I may not have won even a match in the tournament, 
But I am not disheartened,
because from the tournament I had gained experience,
And that had helped me understand myself better,
I am going overcome my weaknesses,
It is not going to be easy from now onward,
But I know I have got a team that is going to be there for me when I need it."







No comments:

Post a Comment