Monday 21 December 2015

Ashaway 2015 - 2nd Day

Hi all, here is a quick update on the second day of Ashaway Badminton Youth Games.

On the second day (Mon),
We had the following players who played.

BSU14 Cheng Xian @ 1030 (win)
BSU14 Bryan @1100 (win)
BSU14 Dinesh @1200 (lose)
BSU16 Li Xin @1330 (BYE)
BSU16 Xhi Chun @1330 (BYE)
BSU16 Cidrick @1400 (win)

At this point of time, I would like to share a little bit about what I feel about our matches so far.

From my perspective, I actually view all your matches as a "performance" that is put up by you for your teammates, coaches and teachers to see, the fruits of your training and I can say that I really enjoyed some of your performance be it winning or losing.

A lot of people may see winning as something positive and losing as something negative but to me, winning is neither all good nor losing a match is all bad and both experiences are equally important for the growth of a team or an individual. In fact, there are actually much to be learnt and discovered from losing a match. Therefore, as a team or an individual, we need to be able to rise above the mentality of only winning and losing to look at the bigger picture.

We may not be able to take home the cash prize and trophy for Ashaway yet but I do sincerely hope that all the participants of this year's Ashaway will be able to take home at least one valuable lesson or experience to help you understand more about both your strength and weakness so that you can become a better player the next time I see you "perform" and I really look forward to it.

So, always remember to stay focus and discipline for your training.

For tomorrow (Tue),
We will have the following players playing.

BSU14 Cheng Xian @1030
BSU14 Bryan @1030
BSU16 Li Xin @1200
BSU16 Xhi Chun @1200
BSU16 Cidrick @1200

GDU14 Siying & Puiwoon @1330
GDU14 Nisha & Val @1400

Next,
For the following players,

GDU16 Wendy & Lixuan

Your first match is scheduled on Wednesday @1330.


For tomorrow (Tue) and the day after tomorrow (Wed),
I will not be able to watch the performance that these players has put up because I am required to go back to school to prepare and administer the 2016 Sec 1 registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment